Option 1: Use the Simple Employee Uploader
The simple employee uploader allows you to upload your own CSV file to ThreatSwitch, without having to worry about DISS downloads. This approach is best when you are adding many users at once, because you don’t have to type in the emails on your own. Once these users are in ThreatSwitch, they can be synced easily with DISS automatically. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Prepare a .csv file (Personnel Import Template.csv) with all of the the following columns for all of the employees you want to import: first_name,last_name,ssn,email . For example:Bob,Barkelyson,001-00-0001,[email protected]
Log in to your account, click on the “People” section. Click on “Import CSV”
3. Select the file you have prepared and import your users. Our system will identify any new users or changes to existing accounts. Once you 'Finalize Import' you have the option to send welcome emails at this time. If you want to welcome your users to ThreatSwitch, select 'Yes'. If you want to wait for a later date and/or time select 'No'.
Congratulations! Your users are now in ThreatSwitch. You can now sync their data with DISS (instructions below), and ThreatSwitch will match them using their Social Security Number.
Option 2: Using DISS to Upload Employees
You can also use the DISS Sync to import employees. If you use this option, ThreatSwitch will detect any new employees and prompt you to manually provide each employee’s email address. This approach is best used when you don’t have many employees, or are just adding a few new individuals. Here are the step by step instructions:
Login to your account and navigate to the “People” section. Click the “Import DISS” button
2. Follow the step by step wizard for the DISS import. This will bring you to a screen that walks you through how to download the correct export from DISS
Note: When you're importing DISS data, it's very important to use the correct DISS export, with no modifications or edits. As we all know, DISS is quite temperamental, so we have provided a detailed guide in the DISS wizard, and you can also read a support article on it here.
3. Following the wizard, upload the file you downloaded from DISS to ThreatSwitch.
4. For all the new users, manually type in the email address for each. Too many users to type in individuals emails? Check out "Option 1" at the beginning of this article.
5. Confirm your import, and the new users will be sent the “Welcome to ThreatSwitch” email and their account will be active.